CAE Ultra Shifter - Optimised for motor sports with the following features:
- CAE Ultra Shifter for vehicles equipped with a VW 02M 5 or 6 speed cable transmission, type MQ200, MQ250, MQ350. Suitable for VW GOLF2
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The coupling system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterised by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated centre position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Simple installation through complete conversion kit: All systems are delivered with all small parts, fastening material and detailed installation instructions.
- Shifter is mounted on the center tunnel and is intended for vehicles without interior equipment or without a centre console.
- Surface and Shift knob selectable in different versions, optional against extra charge wrapped with grey alcantara with blue or red X-seam
|Total height:||approx. 420 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 220 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 230 x 115 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 65 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 65 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 3,3 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knop (back / up):||approx. 60 / 130 mm|
Delivery: Shifter completely assembled, covering plate for tunnel opening, CAE HD gearshift cable, ll screws and Required small parts
After the conversion, the gearshift cables run via the tunnel. This requires drilling into the firewall (2 holes diameter 18mm). The original gear lever must be modified. Find modified gear lever kit (10145KIT) and the suitable gearbox cable bracket (10145WID) under "Accessories" (see below).
Installation Manual for download you will find here behind the "PDF" tab
Almost all shifters are available with german TÜV papers and are therefore street legal
Please ask before ordering